Monday, November 19, 2007

Gangs of New York Tour

The tour was not very exciting. It was a repetition of the tour we went on for orientation. There was hardly any refrence to the gangs of New York. I did learn new things about the city, but it was definetly not what I was expecting. Maybe the freezing cold weather and my inappropiate attire was affecting my participation and concentration level becuase I did not find the trip enjoyable. But I am still glad that I went for the experience. I saw many different types of people. From homeless individuals sleeping on the street to high classs business workers. Chinatown was the most interesting part of the trip to me. The culture there is so similar to actually being in China (I assume). even the streets and sidewalks look different from the rest of the city. I felt like the residents were looking at us differntly because they knew we were "tourists" in a way. Some of them were even trying to listen in a little. It seemed like they wanted to know if what our tourguide was saying was correct in their eyes. It was kind of humorous to me.

No comments: