Monday, September 24, 2007

Literacy Autobiography

I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember. Throughout the years I’ve gotten better but I’m still not at the plateau I would like to be. The reason is probably because writing is not one of my interests or strong points.
In the first grade is when I wrote my first book. It was about five pages long with about two sentences per page. Filled with mostly colorful drawings and large hand written font, it was my biggest achievement at the time which took me about a month to complete. I was excited to share it with the class and have my family and friends read it.
Since then, writing has been a more of a burden than an enjoyable task that I have had to accomplish to get through the education system. I don’t have much writing experience because I would always find ways to avoid taking classes where writing would be a major part of the curriculum. But we all have to take English for four years to graduate high school. And those research papers are mandatory to pass the class. So gritting my teeth and biting my nails, I would fight through it. Writing has become slightly more placid through the years but it is still not my idea of fun. I am always open to learning new ways to better improve my skills so writing will be more pleasurable.
Hopefully I will soon come to the point in my writing career where I can say that I take pleasure in composing assignments.

No comments: