Monday, October 15, 2007

T.I.

Rapper T.I was arrested on Saturday just hours before his scheduled performance on the BET Hip Hop awards. He now faces ten years for trying to have his bodygaurd purchase firearms for him while being a convicted felon. He attempted to buy three machine guns and two silencers. The man who was supposed to sell him the goods was cooperating with the police. After a search of his house in Atlanta, Georgia they also found a walk in safe that required fingerprints to get in filled with weapons.
This is very disappointing to fans like me who would have never thought that half the topics he rapped about could have been true. Hopefully he will not be charged for this mishap and he will be able to continue his career, but I doubt it. By the time he comes out of prison, he will be 37 years old and probably looking to retire rather than start from scratch again after so much time.
This is also disappointing to me because I have younger cousins and friends who listen to T.I and now will get the wrong impression of rappers. You try to teach them not to do bad things, but then you have their idols getting arrested left and right. They think it is the only way to go now-a-days to make money. Sell drugs, rap, or play ball is the only life they know in the majority of the black community and its sad.

No comments: